Donnerstag, 22. Oktober 2009

Fred Astaire & Ginger Rogers


A YouTube peak

How is it possible that this black & white scene from 1936 impresses me so much after 21st century special effects & animations have spoiled me for years? I guess these actors must have had true talent in a kind of acting that no longer exists. These singers/tap dancers/actors, in other words: high class Broadway entertainers Fred Astaire & Ginger Roberts really knew what they were doing! The American Film Institute joins me in my opinion by rating Fred Astaire as the fifth Greatest Male Star of All Time & Ginger Rogers as the fourteenth Greatest Female Star of All Time.

Every step taken & every turn made perfectly fits together with the movements of the partner. It looks so easy that you want to stand up and dance yourself, only noticing that it takes a tremendous amount of skill to move like them after you've tried. Watching them hopping, swirling & floating across the room as light as birdies made me smile.

Link up right down here!

Colorful even though black & white.

Keine Kommentare: