Donnerstag, 4. März 2010

Heavy Thoughts Reign

Now almost half way through, at least that is what I guess, Blu finally rescheduled everything and even abandoned his last bit of social life (neither meeting a friend for playing an exclusive PS3-Game nor talking with the Pizza Guy does count as ‘social interaction’ if you ask me), just to get his own impression of Heavy Rain. Kind as I am I let him play until he catches up to me, and also hope he’s not choosing the same decisions I did.

In most cases seeing the complete first half of the game again would mean a boring stand-by session, since you are familiar with the majority of scenes and sometimes even know a part of the catchphrases, but this is Heavy Rain we’re talking about, or rather I am writing about. Not long after the prologue Blu walked down a different path than I did by striking his own judgments, leading to completely different sequences with different contents. Still, the story goes on the same way, but with a diverse background story, since, for starters, he killed the religious guy and I did not. Therefore has his Jayden way more pricks of conscience, which could drive him into problem with another situation in the future. At a party, trying to find Gordi I used Lauren as distraction while Blu baited two guys to a clash in front of the bodyguards. Both lead to the same conclusion, but one route means a meaningful use of Lauren and the other one declining her help, which could help getting rid of her.

Bringing another change in point of views is Blus perception of game viewing, as he is a future game designer he knows exactly how hard animations of various settings are and helps me understand, that his future life is covered in hard work, producer orders and almost no social life at work (excluding the already mentioned points). It is very interesting to see, how quantic dreams worked with the not-so-important-stuff like using the same models in the mall and at the press conference or just letting Ethan cover his hand, when trying to unfold a dollar out of his pocket, since the trouser pocket is just a texture.

As the night goes on and sky grows darker, my PS3-System seems to try to test our patience. More and more glitches, bugs (at one point we tried to find Shaun but he disappeared and was nowhere to be found, so we had to reboot the System or the one time we had two people walking through each other) and/or freezes (which also had us reboot the system, hinder our journey through Heavy Rain). None the less he managed to catch up to my save file, which was somewhere between 3 or 4 am. Maybe it’s easier to say, it was the time I fell asleep. Let’s see how long it’ll take him to finish his very own Heavy Rain.

Keine Kommentare: